Tuesday, February 2, 2010

{Sharks}

I had a dream about the end of the world, again. This time it had to do with expanding seas due to some sort of ecological disaster; ice melting, or something. The only part I remember is when my dreamwatcher-self flew into a grotto half full with water underneath a steep seacliff. In the middle of the grotto there was a rock that broke the surface, like a petrified iceberg. Seated on the rock was a Chinese shark goddess who looked as though she had been drawn in the style of a Japanese woodcut. I became the shark goddess, and I dove off the rock into the water, my red robes flowing and dragging me further and further down until I found myself in the middle of a school of sharks, so close together that they looked like a tessellated drawing of sharks. I dissolved into the sharks, a truly satisfying feeling, and we raced into open water, towards the midmorning sun.

I was disappointed the next day to discover that there's no such thing as Chinese shark goddesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment